Friday 15 March 2013

What I did with the old crochet blanket

Remember I had this old, ultra-bright, not-so-pretty old-fashioned granny-rectangle blanket, that I wanted to bring up to the 21 century?

Did I say "old-fashioned"?


My first plan was to maybe make a patch-cover with very colourful fabric - remainders from cushions made for outside (If you can't beat it, join it...)

Then I thought may be denim, to tone it down.  

No, maybe a warm red fleece, to make it nice and snuggly for the kids. (And even went and bought 2m of fleece fabric!)

And then I went back to denim, because I have a pile of nice, soft denim.


I did say bright...


And then I thought, bugger it all, just use it like that on the spare bed. Going for the vintage look, we have the parquet floors and buckskin ready:


Instagram can make it look better :-)


But then last night I just thought I'd take it to Hospice, because I really don't like it.  It's not pretty.  

What to do?

It might live on the bed until after the holiday, then I'll decide.  

Meanwhile...open or folded?






8 comments:

Jo-Ellen said...

hmm, thats a tricky old blanket. I prefer it open on the bed, rather than folded. But if it bugs you every time you walk past...get rid of it! x

Bren said...

Open! Get rid of it, if it doesn't bring you heaps of joy. Life's too short to live with things that don't make you happy!

Unknown said...

Trek hom los en maak iets anders...

Julia said...

ag nee - jy weet ek hou al van die begin af van hierdie kombers ..!! ek like dit daar op die bed - een week oop en die ander week gevou ... ;)

Stel said...

Ha haa!! You guys make me smile. I think it will be going. It can stay until my VIP guests return to Ireland in four weeks' time.

Because I have already identified Plan E...

Gerlene said...

It will be going right into my suitcase when we return to Ireland....that's where it is going.... You know me and colours.

Stel said...

Should have known :-D

Haafner said...

Open! It's nice!