Tuesday 8 November 2011

One-A-Day 9, or, The Redeemed Ripple

Hello to all my co-hookers/knitters doing one row/square/circle/flower...a day!

A week's rest -of-the-ripple did me a lot of  good.  Not that I really got a change to do much else! I did finish 2 placemats and 2 coffee mug coasters for my cousins's fiancee's kitchen (photo's somewhere, and will come later), and finished an almost 30x30cm flowery-granny square for a certain Curly Girl (which wil turn into a cushion) : 




But then there was also a rush to A&E with my Little Bull Calf (seems to be something quite common here amongst the crocheters, if you look at the last couple of weeks...) - amazing what a gholf club to the forehead can do:




And then there was a fun gala where my Little Man placed 3rd in freestyle and breast stroke (yeay for him, as he doesn't like cold water!  :-)




And there still is the ongoing Concert Week at the primary school, can you imagine the excitement levels here...



(Tall one in the back is mine).


But The Ripple, the Rebellious-Recovering-turning Rainbow Ripple - it grew. 



I didn't get to finish a whole new band, as I would have wanted, but still am very happy how it's turning out.  Remember I asked your opinion on how to proceed?  Should I continue randomly, or with another rainbow, or with a rainbow mirror...

And this is what I decided on, and I love it!!  Yeay!!  I have new love for my Ripple:


I LOVE how it's working out, mirroring the rainbow.  And then I'll mirror again.  Can't wait.  Have got new inspiration!

And now over to Gingerbread Girl's blog to see what's happening with the other One-A-Dayers!

PS.  Little one is doing much better, stitches came out today and he earned an ice cream for his bravery.

17 comments:

* said...

Sounds like your house is a busy one! Your rainbow ripple is gorgeous, and I like your method of pattern it's very pretty. Hope your little one is feeling better soon!

Sarah said...

that was a nasty bump. glad it's getting better. The ripple's lovely, and I love the way it really does ripple as you scroll down the page!!!

HillyT said...

Goodness, what a week! I hope your little one feels better soon and well done to the others. Your ripple is looking beautiful, it's lovely to see it grow.

Anonymous said...

wow you sure have had a busy week! glad little one doing better now.

I love love love your ripple blanket the colours are so cheerful.

Barbina said...

Oh, your poor little one! Good to hear, that he is better now! Your ripple blanket looks wonderful! I love the way you have arranged the colours.

Gerlene said...

You are a busy girly! Love the ripple too - a burst of colour! Curly girl will love her cushion too.
Glad G's stitches are removed and that it is healing well.

Sarah said...

Soon pretty!

Grateful4Crochet said...

Those rainbow colours look amazing together!!

Danielle said...

that picture on the bump made me wince, hope your little one is on the mend!, your ripple blanket is stunning, i am a sucker for a rainbow :) xx

karisma said...

Ouch, poor baby! That really must have hurt! Love the pictures of the kids in their concert outfits and I especially love the one of your feet sticking out from under the ripple. My kind of picture! Absolute blissfulness! I love your choice of colours, it looks fantastic!

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

Yay for the ripple and boo for the stitches (OUCH!) Hope you all have a peaceful (and hooky) week! x

Anonymous said...

Ouch that looks really painful poor little tike glad his ok now. Ripple looks great love all your crochet. Love the mirrored ripple. xx

Anonymous said...

Ouch that looks really painful poor little tike glad his ok now. Ripple looks great love all your crochet. Love the mirrored ripple. xx

Anonymous said...

Oh the poor thing, I bet that gave him a headache!!! Your rainbow ripple is fab!

Bella Bee And Me said...

Ouch! Happy to hear he is now on the mend.
I love the cushion cover, it's gorgeous.
Such a colourful ripple, glad your feeling the ripple love again.
Kier x

Stocki said...

I can't believe you have time to crochet anything! You must be so well organised... but everything is coming along nicely.. including your little one's forehead... phew! :)

Anonymous said...

Gosh what a week. Hope your little one is ok now.
And your ripple - wow! Judy x